Thursday, September 27, 2012

Job well done!


I was leaning up against the kitchen counter, stuffing my face with M&M’s.

In the dark. Calories don’t count in the dark, right?

Maybe I was afraid that if I turned on the lights, one of them, or maybe even both, would think that “oh look, there is light on somewhere in the house, and it looks like mommy is enjoying something by herself, let’s get out of bed……AGAIN”.

 Or maybe I was just too tired to bother with the light switch. I could still find my mouth with both hands and those M&M’s were going down fast.

My dear husband, who was on “get them into bed and make sure they stay in bed” duty walked in, was obviously not too tired to find the light switch and flooded the kitchen with brightness. The M&M’s squealed and jumped into my mouth even faster, trying to avoid detection.

My husband is very bright and chose not to address the speed to mouth ratio of the squealing goodies. Instead he had a cute story to share with me:

“Guess what I did?” I gave both boys two M&M’s each and told them it was sleeping pills!”                        

My response was high pitched and screechy:

 “YOU GAVE THEM WHAT?? HOW DO YOU THINK THEY WILL EVER FALL ASLEEP IF YOU GIVE THEM SUGAR!! THEY BETTER NOT BE COMING OUT AGAIN!”

When the screeching had settled and quiet returned, said dear husband looked at me, rolled his eyes and continued: “Anyyyyywayyyyyy…… when I left the room, Noah looked at me and said – thanks for the sleeping pillow daddy! -  rolled over and fell asleep!”

Well, okay then!  Good job baby!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment